3.08.2014

St. Patty's Day Welcome Sign

Personalized crafts are my favorite kind to make. I love one of a kind items to display in my home, especially on holidays. We are not Irish so I don't do a whole lot of St. Patrick's Day decorating, but I thought I would make an easy, inexpensive and personalized welcome sign. It doesn't get easier than this!


I started by gathering my supplies at my local craft store:

1. an inexpensive, already painted wooden St. patty's Day sign- $3.00
2. 4 wooden shamrocks- 50 cents each
3. green glitter glue- $1.50


I already had green paint and brushes and my drill for the other steps.

So I chose this pre-painted sign, it was cute and I could not have made one for less than $3.00 with the cute cutout hat.

I painted the shamrocks a light green and a few dark green so I could alternate them.


I added our names and drilled a hole in the top and bottom of each one and wired them together and then to the sign.


I also outlined the light green shamrocks with the glitter glue to add a little sparkle. 
I love it and it adds a little welcome to our home in the month of March.


Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment