12.13.2011

Cork Board


I am so excited about my latest project!! My friend and I had been wanting to make this for a little while but my collection of corks was growing very slowly, so I turned to my aunt and her best friend for a little assistance :-) It was so easy and took less than an hour to make! We started with piece of cardboard a little bigger than we wanted to finished size to be. Hot glued the corks in whatever design we chose, I wanted one long and narrow so that I could hang it vertical or horizontal. I mounted the cardboard to a piece of wood and surrounded it with old barn wood.

My parents just remodeled their barn windows and trim which was over 100 years old so I took a few pieces of trim and used it around all the edges of the corks. I think my little piece turned out pretty cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment